Today I’m answering more common questions about 400m training for high school runners. If you missed my first video, click here.
Before you play today’s video, I’d like to apologize in advance for, truly, two of the worst jokes I’ve ever made, as well as my reaction to them. As well as for not editing them out.
The questions I answer in the video are posted below.
1. I have a young runner going into 9th grade she runs 1.01 in the 4 whats the secret to help her move forward and not digress i want her to progressively move forward
2. How importent is basic aerobic endurance in the preparation of,say,a15yr old female HS 400m runner?Would you spend valuable time developing basic aerobic conditioning or spend what little time you have developing lactic tolerance?
3. Training the athlete to maintain speed and form over the final 80 to 100 meters.
4. more of the intensive tempo workouts and speed endurance progressions
5. What program ON AVERAGE works best or has the most success for a high school 400 athlete, short to long or long to short. If so what does that 12 week program look like.
6. How to combine workouts that benefit an athlete that runs the 100, 200, and 400 and does not deter performances in each.
To your success,
P.S. This Friday, September 14, 2012, I’ll be showing you a sneak peek of my new ‘Training High School 400m Runners’ program. Be sure to check your email for the link to the first 10 minutes of the program.