Jumps coaches – All of Boo Schexnayder’s Jumps Coaching DVDs are on sale this week. You can get any of the individual event DVDs or get the entire 5 DVD package for an even bigger discount.
I’ve provided individual links for the full package, the individual jumps DVDs and the accompanying strength and power training DVDs.
1. The ‘Complete Jumps Training Package’ (includes the High Jump, Long Jump, Triple Jump, Weight Training and Exercises for Sports Performance DVDs)
2. High Jump Technique & Teaching DVD (first released on March 20, 2012)
3. Long Jump Technique & Teaching DVD
4. Triple Jump Technique & Teaching DVD
5. Weight Training for Speed, Power & Sports Performance DVD
6. Exercises for Sports Performance DVD
If you came to one of my jumps practices you’d see me, more or less, doing my best to teach all the progressions Boo uses in these DVDs. Last spring, in my first season coaching this group, a female triple jumper went from 32’8 to 37′ 7.5″ and a boy went from 40′ 8″ to 44′ 3″. A girl who had never long jumped before went 17′ 3.5″. And I had a boy clear 6’8 in the high jump and two girls over 5′.
I wasn’t reinventing the wheel, just following the teaching progressions Boo lays out in the DVDs and supplementing that stuff with the strength and power progressions and exercises in his two (#5 and #6 above) strength DVDs.
Seriously, I’m just a high school coach in a suburban school with 1000 kids. You can get the same results or better.
Good luck this spring.
P.S. Click here for a list of all the resources we have on sale this week.