Harvard University’s Marc Mangiacotti gives you an ‘A to Z’ breakdown’/’takes you on a track nerd journey’ of planning training for your 400 meter sprinters. From preseason training through peaking your athletes during Championship season, Mangiacotti dives deep into every aspect of designing and implementing a long sprints annual plan.
If you’ve already established a successful system for developing your 400m runners and you’re looking for advanced strategies and nuanced progressions for tweaking biomotor ability development in order to squeeze more time out of your ‘racers’ (short sprint types), ‘pacers’ (don’t have open 100m speed, but run don’t fall out at 320m) and ‘mixed racers/pacers’ (show qualities of both types), then move this resource to the top of the pile of programs you’ve been researching.
With a running time of 4 hours and 45 minutes, Advanced Concepts in 400m Training is broken up into 10 chapters:
- Introduction and Athlete Testing
- Training Considerations for 400 Meter Sprinter
- Fall Training
- Late Fall and Early Winter Training
- Winter Training and Championship Season
- Blocks and Acceleration
- Max Velocity and Floating
- Strength Training
- Mental Preparation
- The Final Stretch (4×4 Relay, Summer andWinter Break Ideas, and Injury Prevention)
You may be looking for sample workouts and progressions. And, Coach Mangiacotti delivers. When you order, you’ll also receive:
- Full 26-Week Annual Plan (includes every workout ‘on the track’)
- Full 26-Week Weight Training Program (includes every weight room session)
- 10 Specific Warmups and Circuits
Click ‘Add to Cart’ below to order now or click here for a more detailed description of the program.